Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mysterious Ways

There are a lot of things in my life that simply haven't worked out how I thought (or hoped) they would and all too often I look at my life with disappointment.

But every now and then I get to look at things and be surprised how glad I am that they've happened just as they have.

There are the big ones, infertility, addiction recovery (or lack thereof), family relationships (or lack thereof), blah blah blah which have changed my life in ways I can't even comprehend so I technically have to be grateful for them.

And then there are the little ones which I find easier to appreciate.

Like a child who wakes up in the night needing to snuggle just when I need to be needed and loved.
Or a "random" interaction with someone who reminds me of exactly the truth I needed to remember.

Or my current favorite: a skin thing which has Husband sleeping in another bedroom so he doesn't catch it from me (he can't - it's not contagious and he knows it) or hurt me (he easily could, by breathing or moving or existing withing 10 feet of me).

He's slept elsewhere for days and since I don't wake up to him on top of me and he doesn't wake up feeling aroused right next to me I've enjoyed a few days of peace and quiet.

Don't get me wrong, there are still advances, and truth be told I miss his warm body next to me. But sleeping through the night without being groped? That is something I could definitely get used to.

But who would have thought I'd be glad about this horrible painful disease?

No comments:

Post a Comment