Monday, April 15, 2013

Karma Angels

I wanted to take the computer and smash it to teeny tiny itty bitty unrecognizable pieces. Naturally I texted our friend Scabs to see if she’s ever done it. (Survey: who would you text if inquiring about smashing things?)

While her disclaimer states that she doesn’t condone violence her immediate response was “Do it.” Smile.
I didn’t because I like my computer, but don’t be surprised to find a post about pieces of computer bits flying around my backyard sometime in the next 20 years.
Within an hour of our conversation I got a text from Husband who works at a behavioral health institution. “I just got punched in a gut by a crazy”
Another disclaimer: In his defense, he doesn’t typically refer to the people who live there as “crazies” and we have a healthy respect for mental illness at our house - since 100% of the people who live here deal with it.
I laughed so hard I couldn’t stop smiling. In the ever-eloquent words of Scabs “the karma angels are watching out for me”.
 
I love the lady who punched him in the gut. With all my heart I love her.
Would it be inappropriate to show up and share a plate of brownies with her?

9 comments:

  1. The day my husband threw a husky fit about the child support costs - he got in a wreck, he was sited as at fault. I giggled..... He is fine, nobody got hurt. But I had the same thought about carma.... I love karma...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who fantasizes about taking her husband's laptop and blowing it to pieces with their handgun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA! Oh I enjoyed this post so much. Also, I wanted to tell you that I LOVE your writing. You write with such subtle sarcasm that even though you write about such hard and sensitive things, you still find a way to make it more light-hearted and something to laugh about.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the smile :)

    I thought seriously about running my husband's smart phone over, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its never inappropriate to share brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm...My husband's not too happy with his job right now...They hiring??? haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is amazing! Haha. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fantasize about shooting my husband's laptop with our shot gun and running over his smartphone with my car. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete