Saturday, May 17, 2014

Missing the Boat

Sometimes we sit in therapy together and I think "this is it! THIS is the big thing that will change it all! I can tell, that _______ is just around the corner!"

A few weeks ago we had been shown some very clear issues in therapy. Highlighted in big bold letters above our heads.
For Husband: "YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO FEEL LOVE IN WAYS THAT ARE NOT SEXUAL."
and for me "YOU HAVE TO STOP SEEING HIM IN THE WORST LIGHT - LOOK IN HIS EYES AND SEE WHO HE REALLY IS."

So I went about my day knowing that everything would be different when I came home.

But when I took off my shoes and headed to the bedroom to put them away, there was the lingerie, laying out on the bed waiting for me to "love him".

I saw it and immediately contacted Friend, "He DOESN'T get it! And he never will! He's a fool and a psycho and a sex addict!"

There we were, 6 hours later, him trying to have sex to show love and me seeing him in the worst possible light.

This is what they mean when they say "it takes time. there will be setbacks. it won't all set in immediately. getting help doesn't mean curing it immediately."

6 comments:

  1. Ummm...yes! This is how "progress" feels/looks sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So hard. Been there. MANY times (and still do often). Let's drink lemonade as we discuss how to see the better light. (Because I could use some ideas here!) LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would have made me crazy, too!

    It is so hard to move forward and change ourselves... I'm trying to figure this out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I just threw up. I'm sorry! It's so frustrating sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my heck. I hear you! I hear you. I would have gone nuts too. What in the world. Yes, so frustrating, so hard to move forward when dealing with this complex crap. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly like to reading your post. Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a nice information. I'll definitely add this great post in my article section.
    CPR Classes Palm Springs CA | ACLS Palm Springs CA

    ReplyDelete