Thursday, May 1, 2014

Story Reverence

Last week I went to Togetherness Project in Phoenix and I was again awed by the courage and beauty of women who come to these things and share their stories for the first time.

My first day back at work I explained to my Boss where I was and what I was doing. He was in awe. And as I spoke about the women who are new to my life, he gave words to what I have been feeling ever since our first conference back in October.

"What an honor for someone to allow your ears to be the ones to hear their story. It must be such a sacred experience."

And he's right. 100%. It's sacred. There's no good reason that my ears were ever chosen for anybody, but to have been the woman hearing these stories for the first time is just an incredible experience.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I feel the same. Thanks for sharing the words that articulate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an honor to hold someone's story.
    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thinking of it that way! I really did feel honored to hear so many stories and to be trusted with so many words from so many people. Each and every story taught me something new and I hope to always keep those feelings of togetherness with me.

    ReplyDelete