Thursday, September 12, 2013

Shaaaaame

My MIL is a dear person who I typically have a really great relationship with.

But her views on things are sometimes....extreme. Usually I can just write it off as her being her and agree to (silently) disagree.

She has a strained relationship with her daughters, but because of when I entered her life (and many common interests) I sortof feel like she has felt closer to me. I also happened to marry her golden child (oh, poor mama would die if she knew) and by association I am also golden.

But tonight I did something she doesn't approve of RIGHT in front of her. Like in her mind it's a sin. (In my mind it's not - didn't even cross my mind that she might take issue with it.) And oh the shame.

I asked Husband if I was going to get grounded. He said yes. We laughed. I cried a little inside.  And here I am 4 hours later still squirming at the thought that she doesn't approve of me.

Oh shame. How I loathe thee.

1 comment:

  1. Oh shame. I hate that little thing called shame. I hope things go well with your MIL.

    ReplyDelete