Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Small Signs

 
This is the acknowledgements page from The Five Love Lanugages by Dr. Gary Chapman. A book I really love and can relate to in a million ways. One that I am learning a lot from (again) and that I recommend to any human being who is any relationship of any kind. Husband/wife, parent/child, sibling, grandparent, friends, yadda yadda. Dr. Chapman is something of a genius.
But this line makes me furious beyond all reason.
If all wives loved as she does [speaking of his wife], fewere men would be looking over the fence.
I read this line and nearly threw the book against the wall. I can't believe he's blaming lousy good for nothing cheating men on their wives not loving them enough!!! I can't believe ANYBODY actually thinks that these women are to blame! Especially a professional. I hate this!!!


My reaction surprised me a little. I know know that Husband's addiction isn't my fault, but apparently it's still a sensitive issue.....who knew?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That does hit a nerve. I still want to read the book, though. My therapist recommended it:)

    Maybe if more husband's stopped looking over the fence their wives would love them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My wife loved me with the truest, purest, love I could imagine a girl having. She was as pretty and as sweet as a girl could be. I still looked over the da*# fence. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh.
    And, isn't it crazy the things that'll jump out and just sting!?

    ReplyDelete