Thursday, February 7, 2013

I Won't Give Up



Go ahead and hit play, it's a lovely song even in the background if you aren't watching the video.

I love this song for a lot of reasons. But the biggest reason today is that it's my boys' favorite song.

I blast music in the kitchen while I make dinner and the boys are banished to the basement. But from the first chord of this song my boys (all 3 of them! Dad, and 2 sons) come running in for a dance.

Before you roll your eyes because when life isn't sunshine and lollipops someone who has this stupidly perfect and loving family who dances in the kitchen at dinner time makes you roll your eyes. But remember that I'm a WoPA. We have hell days and times that I quite literally get ready to pack Husband's bags.
My kids are dance buffers because the truth is that dancing with Husband gets a little too touchy feely sometimes. But with a boy on each hip and big group hug, we're bonding just the right amount.

But for some reason this song melts it all away. It became our anthem when we started our 6 months because for 6 months we wouldn't give up.

And now this song is ours.

I hope it's ours forever.

But if not, it can be mine. Because the truth is, that regardless of what he does or doesn't do in addiciton recovery or any other aspect of his life I am working out my own salvation. And I won't give up on me.

7 comments:

  1. I get really nervous posting comments- but I wanted to say the part that I needed to this morning was the line where you said sometimes you are ready to pack his bags. I have had some better days lately with my husband and feel immense guilt that I still have days I want to pack his bags for him. Me and my kids dance in the kitchen when my husband is out of town, dancing with him is too vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was terrified to post this for all the same reasons. :) We aren't all in the same place and just because right now for me the answer is to keep it up does NOT mean that it's always the answer for me, much less for everyone else! I think it's totally OK to refuse a kitchen dance, and you don't have to feel any amount of guilt for that. ((hugs))

      Delete
  2. Love this song...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This song made me randomely (or not?) burst into tears. I'm not sure why, but apparently I needed to get some feelings out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing:) I love this song...It's perfect for me today!
    You are awesome. I am adding this to my recovery list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's great! thanks for sharing---have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of our "anthems" too. I love the power of the words, "God knows were worth it."

    ReplyDelete