Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Plan

Husband lost this morning.

He is embarrassed.
He is disappointed.
He is surprised that it happened so easily.

But the good news is that I am not heartbroken.
I don't feel betrayed.
And I don't feel responsible.

Husband called to tell me and I feel bad for him. I'm disappointed FOR him instead of IN him. But I am glad that this time when he said "I don't know what to do" I could respond with "I thought you had a plan of what to do when this happens." and he immediately knew what he had to do.

He doesn't like it, but he has planned what needs to happen and I think that is a bit of a relief for him.

We certainly aren't flying through the steps or making fast enormous strides in this recovery process, but for today - having a plan is a good step forward.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say you have made some HUGE progress ! And a plan in place...that is awesome ! Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great progress! I'm impressed! I love that I'm feeling more and more instances of what used to send me in to a downward spiral that lasted for days just doesn't rattle me as much anymore . . . in fact, things that used to freak me out and make me feel bad are things I can look at now as learning opportunities and even progress!
    I am sorry for your husband though, that's tough! He'll be in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes! THIS:

    "I'm disappointed FOR him instead of IN him" seems like a HUGE stride forward. Way to go Mrs. A :)

    ReplyDelete