Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Inviting the Spirit

A month ago I met with Bishop and he asked how I felt about Husband having a calling or assignment. They had asked him to speak in church and quite frankly I thought it was great. Bishop has asked Husband to do some things to invite the spirit into his life, and Husband struggles to do them. I told Bishop that anything that would motivate him to have spiritual experiences in my book. "He'll study and learn in preparation for giving a talk, I say bring it on." I responded.

During the last month Husband has gone from having 1 easy calling to having 3. The latest one came today. He'll be serving in YM and the Scouting program. He'll be gone once a week, teaching lessons on Sunday AND regular campouts this summer. He'll be involved with other people in the ward and he'll get out of himself frequently.

In my mind it's great news, but at the same time, I was enjoying the relationship he was building with my kids. It was nice (sometimes) to have him around, and now that I enter the scout-widows club I'm wondering if I was a little to eager to have him working so hard.

When it rains it pours.

No comments:

Post a Comment