Monday, September 24, 2012

A buffalo I killed

What's funny about this is that I began this post 2 months ago, then couldn't honestly think of anything impressive so I left it in my drafts hoping to do something impressive I could brag to you about. For the sake of honesty, I'm posting this incomplete and unimpressive list so that when I'm a regular Buffalo Bundy (ok, that wasn't funny....poor taste. Why can't I bring myself to delete it?) I can refer back to this to see how far I've come.

Now, the original post:

************************************************************
Here's hoping this is a regular feature on my blog. Because I have A LOT of work to do in the buffalo murderer area.
 
I depend far too much on the people around me. I resent it when people don't do what I think they should do.
 
And because buffalo killing (for me) is far more about my attitude than the behavior this might not be at all impressive to you, but I promise I'll only write what's impressive for me.
 
  • Packing and unpacking for camping. All of it. The equipment, the food (which I planned and shopped for) and the "stuff". That's a lot of work all the way around and with a child on each ankle, I feel like it was awesome.
  • Costco. I hate Costco (and I love it too) I hate the giant carts you can't move around and the fact that there are never fewer than 9 million people in the way and that when you get home you can only haul one thing at a time up the stairs. And that the babies want to eat all the samples, and ride in the bottom of the cart, no the top of the cart, no your shoulders, no NO CART!!! So hauling the kids, bringing the stuff upstairs (even the stuff that could wait for the big strong man in my life to do it.) and I didn't hate Husband for not contributing.
  • Making and breaking camp. The whole deal. Setting up tents, pack and play and rolling our foam pads tight enough to put away. Putting the babies to bed.
  • Getting the kids ready for church on my own and still being plenty early.
That's it. Like I said - this is probably just a regular Monday morning for some of you, but the not resenting anybody was the big deal for me.

[insert graceful bow here]

3 comments:

  1. You are awesome...props to you for doing all of that and not freaking out:) Thanks for sharing!

    I can totally relate! I have done all of what you said on my own... brings back memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Resentment is a HUGE buffalo for me so I have to say I really admire not harboring any while dealing with all of that! Seriously - kudos!

    ReplyDelete