Monday, December 24, 2012

A Buffalo I Killed: Triathlon

Again, impressive mostly just because I'm me.

I did a sprint triathlon. You don't know me (unless you do) but that is seriously impressive for a girl of my (short and squatty - mostly squatty) stature. I trained for it and I did it.

Slowly.

But I did it.

I recruited some friends to do it with me. And after doing the teeny tiniest baby one in the Spring, this fall I did a Sprint distance. Still not Olympic, it was a stretch for me.

Swim 350 yd (6 minutes....best part of the race and it was over in just 6 minutes)
Bike 13 miles
Run 3.4 miles

The friends who accompanied me were exceptional. They are awesome. They probably woulndn't have thought they could do it if I hadn't told them I was doing it. So I'm glad. A million times over glad that I did it.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME JOB!! That's amazing! I honestly don't think I could do that. I sink like a rock and biking always hurts my butt, so I am seriously seriously impressed. Merry Christmas! You are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job Mrs. A!! Be careful triathlons get addicting (and the gear gets expensive). But we need things in life we can conquer....gives us confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to do a triathlon for a couple years now! I have yet to find a friend to train with - maybe it's time to take that off the back burner....

    ReplyDelete